7th-8th SUMMER SCHOOL 2023
In an effort to ensure adequate staffing, please complete your registration by May 27th
ABOUT SUMMER SCHOOL
- June 5th – 22nd
- 7:30 am – 3:30 pm (12 days 96 hours of instruction)
- Monday – Thursday
- Two course options for students
- “Past, Present, and Future” – STEAM Focus course 7:30 am – 1:30pm
- Time to Move (formerly: Speed & Agility) 1:30 pm – 3:30pm
- Grades 7-8 will meet at the Middle School this year.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- Any student entering 7th-8th grade.
- Logan-Rogersville students, students in other districts, homeschool students, private school students...ANYONE can come to Summer School at LR!
WHY ATTEND SUMMER SCHOOL?
- Summer School is focused on the core academic areas.
- A great opportunity to extend learning over the summer.
- Opportunity to engage in fun physical education activities in the afternoon.
- Free Breakfast and Lunch
WHAT IS STEAM?
- STEAM is an acronym which represents the academic disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. The idea of STEAM education is to teach the disciplines integrated with one another. Students work collaboratively with their peers to solve real-world problems.
Please note: Classes are scheduled to run Monday through Thursday with no school on Friday. Students are encouraged to attend both classes if possible; however, students may choose to attend one or the other. Efforts will be made to ensure that interest and physical fitness levels are taken into account when grouping students for the afternoon "Time to Move" class.
Allison Boyer, MS Summer School Lead Teacher
Dr. Vicki Schmitt
Director of Academic Services
100 E Front Street
Rogersville, MO 65742